This lecture intends to give a brief overview on psychological, technical, legal and economic issues related to technical documentation (e.g. operational instructions, assembly instructions, and transport instructions).
Students have the chance to improve their abilities in interacting with technical staff in different organizational contexts in a competent way (e.g. when working out specifications or contracts).
Moreover, they are trained in initializing, executing and guiding methods to evaluate and assure quality of technical documentation.
- TD and product liability, TD and marketing
- Functional texts vs. literary texts, technical language
- Text comprehension: legability - readability - clarity
- Graphs - images - maps, text-image composition, image understanding
- Warnings (design, legal requirements)
- Media, multimedia
- TD and standardization
- Ergonomics - usability, usability testing
This lecture is taught in German language!
[Translate to English:] Art der Veranstaltung:
Vorlesung - 2 SWS
PD Dr. Th. Müller 
Zeiten & Orte: